Monday, June 30, 2014

My Family

     
My beloved family.



      Whenever the word “family” is being uttered, I feel the warmth and the familiarity of my home’s scent. Whether it’s the smell of delicious home cooked food or the smell of flowers in the garden, I am certain that those are the scents that I want to come home to.

      I am from a rather big family of eight. People like to say the more the merrier when they were told I have eight family members.Perhaps that is true especially when my siblings and I are back for holidays. Needless to say, my siblings and I are inseparable due to the fact of the close age gap.

      We spend a lot of time together even now. Although we are all busy with schools and work, we try to meet up with each other whenever possible. For an instance, I would go down to my sister’s place whenever I am free. We would hangout and spend time sharing whatever that has happened in the past few weeks.

      Almost all of my siblings like outdoor activities especially my brothers. That is probably why I love doing outdoor activities. We would cycle and jog around the neighbourhood and later come home to my favourite food, which is my mother’s cooking. She would cook our favourite food as indeed mum knows best.

      My mother, on the other hand is the backbone of the family. She is the supporter and prayer warrior for us. Besides, she has sacrificed countless of times just to take care of us. We can’t imagine what life would be like without her. To me, she is the best mum in the world.

      My siblings, are like my best friends as they accept me for who I am. My mother has clearly brought us up well because we are trained to be polite and respect the elders. For example, we are not allowed to speak foul words in the house. That is why I cringed when other people used four letter words. My family is everything to me and I would do anything for them. As the saying goes “blood runs thicker than water”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment