Monday, July 28, 2014

Essay #5- Family Portrait (Descriptive)

           As I was clearing my store room the other day, I came across a large rectangle wooden typed frame. The frame is covered with dust as it is was just lying there in a corner untouched. A family portrait was inserted in the dusty wooden frame. The family portrait was taken about ten years ago. I can still remember clearly the events that happened that day. I come from a very big family that consists of my parents, three brothers and two sisters. However, on that fateful day, my grandparents were there when the family portrait was taken.
            My grandmother has a pair of slightly small brown eyes. Wrinkles can be seen on her small wise oval face. Her short neat hair is trimmed at shoulder length. She wore a blouse and a skirt. Her blouse is green and black in colour. Her knee-length skirt is brown in colour. She wore a heart shaped necklace which was given by my grandfather on their wedding anniversary day. In the portrait, my grandmother was linking arms with her beloved husband.
            My grandfather on the other hand has broad shoulders. Besides that, he has short brown crew cut hair. He is indeed a drop dead gorgeous for any woman’s standards. He smiles sheepishly at the camera. The outfit that he wore that day was a three piece suit with a vest and a flat cap. Needless to say, he is a vain man. That was why ladies were crazy over him in the early days. In spite of that, he is a faithful and caring husband anyone would have wished to get.
            Next, my mother has a slightly big brown eyes. She has a sweet smile as well. She wore a beautiful blue dress and a pair of dark blue petite shoes to match with the dress. She looked amazing in that stunning dress. There are tiny purple beads around the collars. She also wore a brooch on the left hand side of the dress. The brooch is in the shape of a white graceful dove. Dove basically represents peace and kindness. Therefore, it is clear that my mother’s favourite animal is a dove.
            My brother has high-cheeked bones to match with his tall frame. His lips are red and thick. There are a few pimple spots on his cheeks. His black hair was combed to one side that is the right side. He wore a green collared T-shirt and an almost worn out pair of jeans. My sister has olive skin which is considered a shade darker compared to the rest of us. She wore roundish purple spectacles that was bought by my aunt for her birthday present.
            I have medium sized brown eyes and jet black hair. I also have slightly fair skin like my aunt. I wore a bracelet on my left wrist on that day. The bracelet is brown leather typed given by my cousin from Singapore. On the bracelet was an inscription of the day that I come into this world.

            After looking at our family portrait, I thought about what had happened on that glorious day. Later, I wiped and cleaned the picture frame before putting it beside the television set. I will certainly never forget all the memories, laughter and joy we had when the family portrait was taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment